www.jkcrawlers.com

• April 23, 2014, 05:32:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Get Your Red Cross for full access to the site!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nemesis Billy Rocker Sliders  (Read 3370 times)

airric

• Livin it up!
  • Administrator
  • Master Fabricator
    • JKCrawlers
Nemesis Billy Rocker Sliders
« on: July 29, 2011, 09:05:38 PM »

Nemesis sliders SUPER basic write up and after pics...

So I went to Nemesis in order to pick up my new Billy Rockers and this was supposed to be a quick give me the pointers on the install and do this at home.  Well I got talking to the amazing Nemesis Crew and before I knew it we were doing the install at the shop.    I can't say enough about how amazing these guys are AND how passionate they are about their products!!  (and for good reason as I hope to show...)   

So the sliders come in 3 basic aluminum pieces that we had powder coated black, which I liked to offset the Sahara unitone color!!  Your first step is to mock up the guards to the body...

So you take a few clamps and eyeball this guy right where you want it.   If you follow the door jam all the way around and look at your space clamp it and pull out the drill.   Time to make some holes in that nice body!!    The JK metal is SUPER flimsy in places, this piece really beefs up the side and gives it the strength to endure some direct hits..

After mocking up and marking your holes, its time to step up the pilot holes to the nut sert size holes...

After getting your basic holes drilled time to get the rest.....   And set in your nutserts....

After you get your nutserts in to place, its time to mock up piece number two and repeat the process of marking and drilling to the nutsert size...

The 2nd piece shows you the incredible design of these aluminum sliders...    They are the skeleton with some ingenious engineering behind it.   Think like a crush panel in the front of cars during and accident.   These guys give you the same type of security.    If you can manage to hit your rockers HARD enough to actually bend this skeleton, you will still never translate that force into the body of your JK...    Standard steel sliders would basically transfer this force directly to the body and is responsible for much of the body damage you see with other companies sliders..    So if you do damage these replacing the skeleton or skin gets you back to looking pretty and NO body damage to your JK..   (I like).    Plus I only gained MAYBE 40lbs total swapping these for the stock sliders..

NOW repeat for side 2.....

Add the skin and bolt it into place with some "Major" hardware to secure this sucker in to place and its solid as a rock!!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:42:58 PM by airric »
07 Sahara - Poly Performance Stage I with front control arms -
JKS  Disco - 35" Kevlar MTR's - HD Sport rear bumper -
winch - 10# PowerTank - Herculined

airric

• Livin it up!
  • Administrator
  • Master Fabricator
    • JKCrawlers
Re: Nemesis Billy Rocker Sliders
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »

Some completed driveway poser pics...   BEAUTIFUL in design and functional in every way!!!   Now time to scratch them up.....

LuckyNickelJK

• Trail Runner
  • Stock
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »

Looks great, you are going to love them. Mine have held up really well and taken some good hits over almost the last year I have had them. The guys at Nemesis take making all their products to a whole different level. I just wish I could afford a hemi  :( I dont mind waiting for them to make new parts as I know they will be top notch.

R0ck

• Crawler
    • callisto.fm
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 10:25:37 PM »

That's some stout looking armor. Nice addition Eric  :t
2007 JK Unlimited Steel Blue
Rock Krawler 3.5" // Rock Krawler Ultimate Steering & Tie Rod // 35" MTRs // PSC Rock Brawler Rear // Lots of other whatnotery

airric

• Livin it up!
  • Administrator
  • Master Fabricator
    • JKCrawlers
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 10:29:36 PM »

That's some stout looking armor. Nice addition Eric  :t

Thank you guys!!!    It really is a super cool design.  I was skeptical about the aluminum, but after seeing it in person and seeing the design behind it I know they will be more than enough armor for what I do..    I saw their rig parked out front when I pulled up..     Rob (the crazy animal) took that sweet JK on "21 ROAD" with the buggies  :o  to test the armor.   I heard the story of them trying to totally destroy these sliders and he did one hell of a job of it.    BUT not 1 dent in the body of the JK.   I know I will never take my JK on 21 road and if they can make it through that hell I feel confident with what I throw at it, im in good hands..

DonB

• Crawler
  • Stock
Quetions for Nemesis regarding their Billy Rocker Sliders
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 05:09:51 PM »

I have a couple of questions for Nemesis:

1.  What is the actually weight of these sliders, including mounting hardware?

2. I currently use a Rock hard gas tank skid when I know I am going to do some really hard trail.  But I also run LoD sliders now.  The problem is the LoD sliders utilize the same frame bolts that the gas tank skid does.  And the gas tank skid has to go on first, which means I have to take the LoD slider off to install or remove the Rock Hard gas tank skid.  Will I have that same issue with your sliders?  Do they also use the stock gas tank skid mounting bolts in the frame?  (I don't like to leave the Rock Hard gas tank skid in place all the time as it is heavy.)

Nemesis Industries

• Crawler
  • Stock
    • Nemesis Industries
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 01:27:06 PM »

I have a couple of questions for Nemesis:

1.  What is the actually weight of these sliders, including mounting hardware?

2. I currently use a Rock hard gas tank skid when I know I am going to do some really hard trail.  But I also run LoD sliders now.  The problem is the LoD sliders utilize the same frame bolts that the gas tank skid does.  And the gas tank skid has to go on first, which means I have to take the LoD slider off to install or remove the Rock Hard gas tank skid.  Will I have that same issue with your sliders?  Do they also use the stock gas tank skid mounting bolts in the frame?  (I don't like to leave the Rock Hard gas tank skid in place all the time as it is heavy.)

Don,
Thanks for you interest in our Billy Rockers, here are the answers to your questions:
1) Total combined weight for all of the components of the 4 Door Billy Rocker Kit, including all mounting hardware is 85.28lbs.
2) Because the upper portion of the rockers attach to the tub, the bottom portion of the Billy attaches to the body mounts. Thus, allowing the rockers to move with the body. In short you will not have the issue you are currently experiencing with our Billy Rockers. I have installed Billy Rockers on several Jeeps that were running Rock Hard skid plates without issue.

Hope this helps,
Paul
NEMESIS INDUSTRIES
INDUSTRY'S FIRST FULL ALUMINUM PRODUCT LINE
(303) 974-2440
WWW.NEM-IND.COM
Pages: [1]   Go Up